Welcome to Deck, a web-based tool that helps Democratic candidates identify voters most likely to support their campaigns. Deck creates “universes,” or voter lists, which campaigns can customize. We also provide tools and training to help campaigns plan their voter outreach.
- Create an account. To start, go to www.deck.tools and register for an account by clicking “Sign up now”
- Select your campaign type. Primary campaigns pay $50 per month, and campaigns running in general elections are free.
- Select your campaign’s district. Tell us more about the office you’re running for to see a list of campaigns supported in Deck and find the one you want to access
- Change the election date. Once you’ve selected your campaign, make sure that you update your election date.
- Validate your Votebuilder access. To use Deck, your campaign must validate that it has access to Votebuilder by providing its API key.
- To learn how to generate your Votebuilder API key, read the instructions in the “Generating Your API Key” section in this Votebuilder integration tutorial. (If you cannot generate your API key or don’t have access to Votebuilder, please contact your state party for help. )
- Onboarding Email After Deck verifies your Votebuilder access, you will receive an onboarding email confirming your access to Deck. You can now activate and access your account.
INTEGRATE YOUR CAMPAIGN’S VOTEBUILDER AND FACEBOOK ACCOUNTS
- Complete your Votebuilder integration. Next, you’ll log into your Deck account to continue integrating your Votebuilder account. Follow the steps in this tutorial to do the following:
- Add the API key to your Deck account under your settings.
- Create a folder in Votebuilder that allows Deck to save to.
- Check your Facebook Account Before you can set up your Facebook integration, you’ll need to make sure that your campaign’s political account is in good shape.
- Set up your campaign to run political ads;
- Create a business manager account;
- Make sure you have an up-to-date disclaimer for your political ads;
- Make sure you are an admin on both your Facebook Page and Business Manager
These things must be done before integrating your Facebook account with Deck.
- Integrate your Facebook account. Now that you’ve ensured that your Facebook account is set up correctly, you can set up your Facebook account within Deck. We’ve created this step-by-step tutorial to show you how.
Now that you’ve integrated your Votebuilder and Facebook accounts with Deck, you’re ready to use Deck. And we’re here to help you! The Deck team provides support for campaigns. If you need app-specific help, you can book a one-on-one session or send us a message by clicking on the chat box within the app . We usually reply within 15 to 30 minutes.
We also have a collection of help documents, from adding users to setting up Facebook.
For those new to campaigns, we have a campaign training wiki to help you hone your messaging, learn about scores, and discover other helpful groups in the Democratic field. Our blog also has best practices for digital ads, vote-by-mail programs, targeting in primaries, and more.
Deck also provides weekly training where you can learn how to use Deck effectively and ask questions about your account. If you have any questions, contact us via chat or email at [email protected].
See you on Deck!